Price: AED 20000.00Enrol Now
The Woolwich Institute, Dubai is now providing an online Diploma in Education and Training, Level 5. This is a TQUK accredited professional course, which gives students the knowledge, understanding, and skills needed to prepare for employment in the education sector.
*This consists of 360 guided learning hours and approximately 840 hours of directed study, making a total of an estimated 1200 hours.
This Diploma in Education and Training, Level 5, is an online course that provides students with a professional, OFQUAL recognised qualification that is awarded by Training Qualifications UK Ltd.
The training programme is designed to prepare trainee teachers and educational trainers to teach in a wide range of contexts that require observation and assessment of practice. With course units that combine practice-based methods, including theories and research into practical teaching and learning, students are helped to develop the functional skills and knowledge required in a teaching profession.
Furthermore, students are taught the theories and intelligence needed to practice specific referencing and learn to critically examine in order to carry out detailed observations and evaluations - empowering them to embrace better resources suited for classes in adult education.
As such, this training programme is ideal for trainee teachers and trainers in the early stages of their professional careers, who want to be professionally qualified and obtain the skills needed to teach in a broad range of settings.
Students undertaking this course will:
In order to be accepted onto this Level 5 Diploma, applicants must:
Please note that if students have previously achieved the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, they may be able to bring forward previous credits and assessments. Please get in touch for more information.
This course is suitable for learners of 19 and above who are in, or wishing to enter into, the following professions:
● Teachers and trainee teachers
● Trainers and tutors working in further education, adult and community learning, or work-based training within public, private, voluntary, or community organisations.
● Learning support workers
● Teaching assistants
Throughout the course, students are required to study and complete part of their assessment portfolio in their own time. Additional directed study time, outside of the 360 guided learning hours, is expected to be up to 840 hours over the course of the programme.
Grading and Course Assessment
This course is graded on a PASS / FAIL basis. If students meet all learning outcomes, they will receive a PASS. Students are required to complete a range of assessments, including some short assignments, evidence of general reading, and academic referencing. All work must be submitted via the online portal.
All qualifications are assessed internally and submitted to TQUK for approval.
Teaching and Transfer of Practice
Students are required to complete at least 100 hours of teaching practice. The following rules apply with regards to how many of these may be transferred from a previous qualification:
● Level 3 Award in Education and Training: There is no transfer of practice allowed.
● Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training: 20 hours of practice, along with 2 hours or observed and assessed practice, may be transferred to the level 5 practice requirements.
Students must complete a minimum of 8 observations - totalling 8 hours (with each individual observation being a minimum of 30 minutes). These observations should be appropriately spaced throughout the training in order to accurately account for the teacher’s progress.
All observations should be linked to the following two modules:
● Teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training (Level 4)
● Developing teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training (Level 5)
Mode of assessment
Throughout the course, students are required to do a range of assessments, including a few short assignments. They must all show evidence of general reading, include references in all their work and submit all work via the online portal.
At the end of this course, students will receive a Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (QFC), awarded by Training Qualifications UK Ltd and regulated by Ofqual
Throughout the course, students will be required to complete a broad and comprehensive range of modules, obtaining a total of 120 credits from two groups (75 credits from group A and 45 from group B).
● Developing teaching, learning, and assessment in education and training (Level 5: 65 hours / 20 credits)
● Theories, principles, and models in education and training (Level 5: 60 hours / 20 credits)
● Wider professional practice and development in education and training (Level 5: 50 hours / 10 credits).
● Action learning for teaching in a specialist area of disability (Level 5: 40 hours / 15 credits)
● Action research (Level 5: 50 hours / 15 credits)
● Developing, using and organising resources in a specialist area (Level 5: 50 hours / 15 credits)
● ESOL theories and frameworks (Level 5: 40 hours / 15 credits)
● Literacy and ESOL and the learners (Level 5: 60 hours / 20 credits)
● Literacy and ESOL Theories and frameworks (Level 5: 60 hours / 20 credits)
● Literacy and the learners (Level 5: 40 hours / 15 credits)
Course Fees: How to Pay & What’s Included
● Tuition Fee: AED 20,000
● Payment Methods: We accept any of the following payment methods - Credit or debit card, Bank transfer, Paypal, or Western Union
● Included in the Fee: Available tutor support, step-by-step guideline, 24/7 access to the learning portal, recognised accredited qualification, a study in a user-friendly online learning platform and excellent customer support.
Career and Progression Opportunities
Once students have successfully completed the Diploma in Education and Training, Level 5 they can progress onto a range of qualifications, including (but not limited to):
● Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English: ESOL
● Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy and Functional English
● Level 5 Diploma in Teaching English: Literacy, ESOL and Functional English
● Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Mathematics: Numeracy and Functional Mathematics
● Level 5 Diploma in Teaching Disabled Learners
Alternatively, graduates can apply for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLs) status. The QTLs is equivalent to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England, which allows you to work as a Qualified Teacher in state schools, and progress to the following roles:
● Primary School Teacher
● Secondary School Teacher
● College Teacher
● FE Teacher
● University Lecture